Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is extremely important. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets the standards that all early years’ providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children’s ‘school readiness’ and gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
Main principles of EYFS:
Four guiding principles should shape practice in early year’s settings. These are:
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers.
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
- The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities
HeadSmart is inspired by globally accepted Best Educational Practices and with the belief that play is a fundamental commitment within the Early Years Foundation Stage. As they play and explore, young children who are powerful learners, reach out into the world and make sense of their experiences with other people, objects and events.
How play, exploration and learning are related, however, is not as straightforward as it may seem at first glance. Our pre-school program enhances a child’s innate curiosity, skills & talents to provide a rich cultural environment which has been carefully resourced, to stimulate learning and development in children.
To ensure Holistic development, we focus on six areas of learning:
- Communication and language/Literacy
- Mathematics/ Numeracy
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Expressive arts and design